Key West Truman Little White House
The Harry S Truman Little White House in Key West, Fl. was built in 1890 as the first officer's quarters on the naval station.
- See the home Harry S. Truman came to relax and rest
- Visit where Eisenhower recuperated from his heart attack in 1956
- Thomas Edison resided here during World War I
- Here history tellers tell fascinating stories of the most important man of his time
The house was built on the waterfront of the harbor of Key West. In the beginning of the 20th century, the home was converted into a single family dwelling to house the base commandant.
The house has been host to many distinguished guests. Thomas Edison resided in the house during World War I, while working on depth charge research for the U.S. Navy.
In 1946, Harry Truman began visiting Key West for rest and relaxation and returned for 175 days during his presidency. Quarters A was the Winter White House.
President Dwight Eisenhower used the home while recuperating from a heart attack in 1956. In 1961, the Little White House played host to President John F. Kennedy and British Prime Minister Harold MacMillan during the Bay of Pigs incident. The house remained a living quarters for the commanding officers of the base until Truman Naval Station was closed in 1974. In 1996, President Jimmy Carter and his family, visited the home while on holiday and celebrated New Year's Eve here with family and friends. In April of 2000 the Joint Chiefs of Staff for the U.S., Great Britain, Germany, and France along with their wives had a private dinner at the Little White House.
Our history tellers relate a fascinating & personal glimpse of the most important man of his time.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including address, Google map, and parking information - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour
- Check-in time: Please check in 30 minutes before the activity start time.
- Visit the stately home that has housed many distinguished visitors to Key West.
- See the rooms where Truman met and played poker with world leaders.
- Enjoy fascinating stories told by historian guides at the Little White House.
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Likely To Sell Out
Spaces are extremely limited this time of year so book early to ensure the date you want.
Voucher Confirmation Info
This tour accepts both printed and electronic vouchers (e-vouchers). You can either print the voucher and present a paper copy on the day of travel. Or, if you travel with a mobile device, simply show your Photo ID and present your voucher on your Smartphone or tablet on the day of travel.
Local Operator Information
Complete operator information, including local telephone number, will be included on your Confirmation Voucher.
Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (855) 274-1023 to speak with a Destination Specialist.