Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum
Guests are invited to journey back to the mid-19th century in the history museum, which travel experts and visitors rate as a top attraction in Key West.
- Discover the world of Shipwrecking
- Enjoy a video presentation about the shipwrecking industry
- Hear the story of the Isaac Allerton which wrecked off Key West
- Step back in history 150 years
- Climb a 65′ Captain’s Observatory
Guests are invited to journey back to the mid-19th century in the history museum, which travel experts and visitors rate as a top attraction in Key West. Highlights of the museum include displays and video presentations on the history of wreck salvage in the Florida Keys and the sinking of the legendary Isaac Allerton. Visitors can also climb to the top of the 65-foot Captain's Observatory.
Discover the perils of the shipwrecking industry as you journey back in time to 1851. See how the rewards of this dangerous profession made Key West one of the richest cities in America. Artifacts, laser technology, video presentations and live actors as well as a 65-foot observation tower make the museum a unique experience. See and hear film clips, interviews and actual underwater footage in the re-created shipwrecker's warehouse. Experience the mesmerizing tale of the Isaac Allerton, one of the richest shipwrecks in the history of Key West. Many of the artifacts on display come from her watery grave. Summon all your strength to lift a silver bar salvaged from a Spanish galleon. Learn about Asa Tift and other individuals who made their fortunes in the exciting and perilous world of wreck salvage.
Then climb to the top of the lookout and imagine yourself spotting the wrecks of Spanish galleons and turn-of-the-century cargo ships like the wrecking captain's of old. A top attraction in Key West for kids of all ages.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including address, Google map, and parking information - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: Self guided
- Check-in time: Please check in 30 minutes before the activity start time.
- Enjoy a museum dedicated to the infamous Key West industry known as “Wrecking”.
- Learn how brave sailors earned a living 150 years ago by salvaging damaged and sunken ships.
- Climb a 65' Captain's Observatory just like the towers wreckers used to watch the reef.
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Likely To Sell Out
Spaces are extremely limited this time of year so book early to ensure the date you want.
Voucher Confirmation Info
This tour accepts both printed and electronic vouchers (e-vouchers). You can either print the voucher and present a paper copy on the day of travel. Or, if you travel with a mobile device, simply show your Photo ID and present your voucher on your Smartphone or tablet on the day of travel.
Local Operator Information
Complete operator information, including local telephone number, will be included on your Confirmation Voucher.
Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (855) 274-1023 to speak with a Destination Specialist.