Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour
Enjoy exciting high-speed watersports fun with the best Key West jet ski tour – the Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour, a guided 28-mile cruise around the island.
- See Key West on THE original island jet ski tour.
- Depart from a beautiful 5-star beach resort.
- Make 5-6 stops for great photo opportunities.
- Enjoy 20-30 minutes of free time to ride, swim, and play.
- Rinse off with a freshwater shower after the tour.
A long-time island favorite and the best jet ski tour in Key West, the Original Island Jet Ski Tour puts you aboard a high-performance personal watercraft for a full 28-mile loop around the island. Great for both first-timers and experienced riders, singles, or couples, this popular Key West jet ski tour is an unforgettable offshore ride that combines fun, thrills, and amazing scenery. Run fast or slow, try some twists and turns, take in the sights, and have a wet and wild blast on this top-rated Key West jet ski tour.
Meet at a beautiful 5-star beach resort ready to play, and after a short training session and detailed safety briefing, even first-time riders will be ready to hit the water. Our expert guides can answer any question, and life jackets, wet suits, and all other necessities are provided. Just bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and a waterproof camera. When everyone is comfortable on their jet skis, your guide will lead the way west down the island’s Atlantic shoreline, through the cruise ship channel into the Gulf of Mexico, then east along the busy Gulf shoreline for a personalized scenic tour completely around Key West.
Jet skis are perfect for touring the shallow waters around Key West and can get to places no boat can reach. Running along the shore offers close-up views of islands, beaches, resorts, and marinas. Your guide will describe offshore points of interest and highlight some local historic sites along the waterfront. The list of 5 must-see stops includes the famous Southernmost Point, the exquisite private resort island of Sunset Key, and the historic Key West Bight, the cultural and economic hub of the island for over two hundred years. This tour is absolutely the best way to take in the big picture of Key West and learn what makes it and the surrounding islands and waters so special.
On this amazing Key West jet ski tour, you will ride for nearly 2 hours and cover miles of turquoise-blue water to go places and see things that are out of reach of any land-based Key West tour. It is common to spot examples of the rich bird and marine life that inhabits the islands, sandbars, and Caribbean waters around Key West – you may see dolphins, rays, sea turtles, game fish, water birds, and more. There will also be chances to explore the mysterious mangroves, coast along deserted sandy beaches, and stop to swim over pristine sand bars sparkling under the clear water.
Key West's Best Jet Ski Tour
Experience the fun of this great watersport on a tour that offers plenty of opportunities to simply cut loose and blast through the waves on Key West’s Atlantic side or open up the throttle to skim over the smooth Backcountry water on the Gulf side. And your local guide will ensure that the ride is fun, interesting, and safe at all times. When the tour arrives back at the resort, you can rinse off the saltwater and sand with a freshwater shower and a fluffy towel, then get ready for the rest of the day’s adventures.
The Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour is one of the best things to do in Key West. It is a Florida Keys bucket list item, and because groups are kept small to allow for the best customer service and a great experience, spots fill up quickly. Tours depart all day long, so it is easy to fit a jet ski ride into any schedule. Book your Key West jet ski tour now to get all the details and we will see you on the water!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including address, Google map, and parking information - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 90 Minutes
- Check-in time: Please check in 30 minutes before the activity start time. If you are taking the boater's safety course, check in 60 minutes prior.
- Equipment and Instruction
- 26 Mile Jet Ski Tour of Key West
- Fresh Water Showers
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Likely To Sell Out
Spaces are extremely limited this time of year so book early to ensure the date you want.
Voucher Confirmation Info
This tour accepts both printed and electronic vouchers (e-vouchers). You can either print the voucher and present a paper copy on the day of travel. Or, if you travel with a mobile device, simply show your Photo ID and present your voucher on your Smartphone or tablet on the day of travel.
Local Operator Information
Complete operator information, including local telephone number, will be included on your Confirmation Voucher.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This activity requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given to customers' questions.
How do I setup the Complimentary Shuttle for Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour?
If you plan on using the free shuttle to the jet ski tour location, please follow the instructions below to set it up:
- If your booking is THREE (3) OR MORE DAYS OUT:
Please call the local phone number on your confirmation email the day before your booking.
- If your booking is for TODAY OR TOMORROW:
Please call the local phone number on your confirmation email today.
- Information for 9:00 AM TOURS:
Shuttle service is ONLY available for tours from 10:00 AM onwards. If you are booked for the 9:00 AM tour, you must find your way to check-in at 8:30 AM.
Will I get seasick on Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour?
If you have any doubts about becoming seasick on the water, we recommend taking a Dramamine® Motion Sickness Relief tablet the night before your trip. Some people recommend taking it the night before your cruise and then again that morning so you will not feel so drowsy.
Who is allowed to drive a jet ski in Florida?
Under Florida law, participating in any commercial jet ski tour is considered to be renting a personal watercraft (jet ski). Most people who were born on or before January 1, 1988, are allowed to rent and operate a jet ski in Florida waters without any special training or license.
If you were born after January 1, 1988, and need a Florida Boating Safety Identification Card, it is easy to get one with an online course and test at Boat-ed.com. You can take the course and get your temporary Certificate of Completion ahead of time to save time on the day of your tour. Simply bring your Certificate of Completion and a valid photo ID with you on the day of your tour. If you need to take the test before your Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour, please arrive at the departure point 1 hour early. All drivers must be sure to bring a valid photo ID.
The Personal Watercraft Regulations from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission state that:
- A person (over 14 years old) who was born on or after January 1, 1988, must have in their possession a valid photo ID and a boating safety identification card or a temporary certificate issued by the commission in order to operate any vessel powered by a motor of 10 horsepower or greater. Boating safety cards issued by other states are acceptable.
- A person must be at least 18 years of age to rent a personal watercraft in Florida.
- It is unlawful for a person to knowingly allow a person under 18 years of age to operate a rented personal watercraft (a second-degree misdemeanor).
- A person who was born on or after January 1, 1988, and is at least 18 years old may operate a rented personal watercraft if they are accompanied by a person who was born before January 1, 1988, OR a person who is at least 18 years old and has a Boating Safety Identification Card. The accompanying person must be “attendant to the operation of the vessel and responsible for the safe operation of the vessel and for any violation that occurs during the operation of the vessel.”
Where is the meeting point for this activity?
Detailed check-in instructions – including meeting point address, Google map, and parking information – for Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour will be included in your confirmation email from Cool Key West. Please be sure to double and triple check your email address is correct at checkout so this important email makes its way to you!
Where can I park my car?
If required, parking instructions for the Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour will be included in your confirmation email.
What is the weather cancellation policy?
If the Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour must be canceled due to bad weather, and you cannot go on another day or time, you will be issued a refund by Cool Key West.
How old do I have to be to drive a jet ski by myself?
You must be at least 18 years old to operate a rented jet ski in Florida waters. If you were born on or after January 1, 1988, you must have in your possession a Florida Boating Safety Identification Card (or a Boating Safety Identification Card from another state) along with a valid photo ID to drive a rental jet ski by yourself.
If you need a Florida Boating Safety Identification Card, it is easy to get one with an online course and test. You can take the course and get your temporary Certificate of Completion ahead of time to save time on the day of your tour. Simply bring your Certificate of Completion and a valid photo ID with you on the day of your tour. If you need to take the test before your Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour, please arrive at the departure point 1 hour early. All drivers must be sure to bring a valid photo ID.
How long is the Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour?
Guests will enjoy a 90-minute action-packed jet ski tour of Key West. As an added bonus you can arrive early at our four-star resort location and relax on one of Key West’s finest private beaches.
Do you provide wetsuits?
Yes, upon request.
Can I save time at check-in by doing the safety test online?
Yes! You can save 30 minutes at check-in by doing the safety test online at Boat-ed.com. Just be sure to bring confirmation that you have passed the test.
This course is for Florida residents and visitors who do not already possess a valid boating education certificate but who wish to operate a jet ski on Florida waters.
Can anyone ride a jet ski on the Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour?
Almost anyone can go on a jet ski as a driver or passenger. The only exceptions are made out of concern for the health and safety of our guests. Those who CANNOT participate in jet skiing include anyone who is pregnant, under the influence of alcohol or drugs or affected by any medical condition that may put them at risk when operating or riding a motorized craft on the open water.
If all guests on a single jet ski were born on or after January 1, 1988, at least one guest must have a boater safety license. This should be obtained in advance at Boat-ed.com.
We are committed to providing the best Key West jet ski experience and the most fun in the safest way possible and appreciate your respect for our rules as well as for the Florida regulations for boating and water safety.
Are there weight restrictions for jet skis?
Yes, the maximum combined weight on a jet ski is 450 lbs.
Average 4.95 out of 5 stars based on 2171 verified reviews from Cool Key West and TripAdvisor