Key West Morning 2-Tank Wreck SCUBA Dive
The morning two tank Key West Dive Trips are great because this includes a double dive in a Vandenberg wreck dive.
- Dive the wreck twice on the same trip
- Log dive depths from 75 to 90 feet
- Work with an experienced on-board dive team
- Cruise on the 50' Phoenix high-speed custom dive boat
- Enjoy clean restrooms and fresh water showers
The waters off Key West are a diver’s paradise. Scuba diving in Key West offers access to the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, featuring the only living coral reef in the Continental US. The reef stretches for miles, most of it is healthy and teeming with diverse and abundant marine life, and much of the diving is shallow and easy – perfect for new divers, family groups, or dive training sessions. Many days of great visibility and hundreds of colorful and unique fish and coral species earn the reef dives off the Keys a place on every diver’s bucket list.
The morning two-tank Key West dive trips are great because when conditions permit they include a reef dive and a wreck dive rolled into one trip. The 500-foot long USNS General Hoyt S. Vandenberg served as a troop transport and missile-tracking vessel. When the ship was decommissioned, Joe Weatherby, one of the Key West dive captains, led a successful campaign to have the Vandenberg stripped and sunk as an artificial reef and dive site. In place since May 27, 2009, the Vandenberg is the largest wreck in the Keys, and has already become home to hundreds of species of fish, corals, and other marine life forms.
The Vandenberg lies at a depth of 140 feet, approximately 6 miles SSE of Key West in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, and is easily accessible to divers of all skill levels. The lower sections of the wreck allow for deep dives, while the upper decks and super structure of the ship rise to within 47 feet of the surface, making for comfortable beginner and intermediate diving. Professional dive guides work with all Open Water divers, but qualified Advanced Open Water Divers who have their own dive computers may explore the Vandenberg independently if they wish.
Come on board with us and experience two of the best dives in US waters: reef diving in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and wreck diving on the USNS Vandenberg. A Cool Key West two-tank dive trip will let you log an unforgettable day of undersea fun and excitement.
*Please click the Details tab for technical information about diving on the USNS Vandenberg.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including address, Google map, and parking information - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 4.5 Hours
- Check-in time: Please check in 8am.
- Full Equipment Package includes Tanks, Weights,Weight Belt, BCD, Regulator, fins and mask
- Tanks and Weights includes Tanks, Weights and Weight Belt
- First Tank at the Vandenberg, second tank is a captains choice (Vandenberg, Cayman Salvage Master, Joe's Tug or a Reef)
- A Dive Guide is Required for Open Water Divers for a fee of $30.00 (advanced divers with Computers are not required to have a guide).
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Likely To Sell Out
Spaces are extremely limited this time of year so book early to ensure the date you want.
Voucher Confirmation Info
This tour accepts both printed and electronic vouchers (e-vouchers). You can either print the voucher and present a paper copy on the day of travel. Or, if you travel with a mobile device, simply show your Photo ID and present your voucher on your Smartphone or tablet on the day of travel.
Local Operator Information
Complete operator information, including local telephone number, will be included on your Confirmation Voucher.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given to travelers by the Cool Key West customer support team.
How soon can I fly in an airplane after Scuba diving?
Participants in the Key West Morning 2-Tank Wreck SCUBA Dive cannot fly in an airplane within 24 hours of their dive.
The main concern with scuba diving and flying is decompression sickness (DCS). Your body needs adequate time during an ascent to off-gas excess nitrogen, or you can form bubbles in your bloodstream, possibly leading to DCS.
What are the medical requirements for scuba diving?
A Medical Questionnaire (PDF ⧉) form must be completed by all divers before participating in the Key West Morning 2-Tank Wreck SCUBA Dive.
Please answer your past and present medical history questions with a YES or NO. If you are not sure, answer YES.
If you answer YES to any question, you must consult a physician before participating in scuba diving.
Where is the meeting point for this activity?
Detailed check-in instructions – including meeting point address, Google map, and parking information – for Key West Morning 2-Tank Wreck SCUBA Dive will be included in your confirmation email from Cool Key West. Please be sure to double and triple check your email address is correct at checkout so this important email makes its way to you!
Where can I park my car?
If required, parking instructions for the Key West Morning 2-Tank Wreck SCUBA Dive will be included in your confirmation email.
What is the weather cancellation policy?
If the Key West Morning 2-Tank Wreck SCUBA Dive must be canceled due to bad weather, and you cannot go on another day or time, you will be issued a refund by Cool Key West.
Key West, Florida
Detailed check-in instructions – including meeting point address, Google map, and parking information – for will be included in your final confirmation email from Cool Key West. Please be sure to double and triple check your email address is correct at checkout so this important email makes it way to you!
Average 4.89 out of 5 stars based on 61 traveler reviews collected by Cool Key West and partner sites such as Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor