Key West Schooner Appledore Backcountry Eco-Tour: Sail, Snorkel & Kayak
Set sail aboard our classically-styled schooner as she departs Key West's Historic Seaport for a full day of sailing and exploration through the pristine waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Observe complex ecosystems and flourishing marine life as you snorkel the backcountry's own unique patch reef and kayak through centuries-old, uninhabited mangrove islands. Enjoy our all-inclusive continental breakfast, ample and diverse buffet lunch, snacks and refreshments throughout the duration of your trip. Adults are welcome to indulge in bottomless beer and wine on our leisurely sail back towards the harbor.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Sebago Key West, 205 Elizabeth St Key West Historic Seaport, Key West, FL 33040-6612
Set sail from Key West Historic Seaport on the Schooner Appledore on your Backcountry Eco-Tour adventure!
Stop At: Key West National Wildlife Refuge, Florida, USA
Experience a guided kayaking tour of these warm, shallow and calm waters and snorkel the sponge gardens for an up-close view of the tropical fish, sponges and marine life that call the gardens home.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Sebago Key West, 205 Elizabeth St, Key West, FL 33040, USA
Relax and enjoy your brisk sail back to the Historic Seaport as a memorable day in Key West draws to a close.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 205 Elizabeth St, Key West, FL 33040, USA
- Duration: 6 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- All equipment
- Full Breakfast and buffet lunch
- Unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available. Must notify operator 72 hours prior ro departure.
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements 72 hours prior to departure.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- In order to expedite the check-in process, please provide lead traveler's e-mail address in the 'special requirement' section during check-out.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
Though weather interfered with the completion of our tour, the crew was wonderful and we would go back in a heartbeat.
Crew was very nice and accommodating. Smaller group on the boat is also nice and food was fine. Activities were just ok. Snorkeling was in open water with not a lot to see and kayaking was a quick spin around a mangrove island. I still recommend the trip because its nice to be on a smaller boat for the day and again, the crew was great.
The experience was changed early Saturday morning for a Catamaran. We left our hotel open minded. It turned to be amazing, we had a fantastic captain and crew. Our small children were accommodated with the proper gear for snorkeling which was the highlight of the trip for them - open ocean, shallow reef, beautiful weather! - We had a fantastic kayaking time around a mangrove key and our children saw species of birds, nurse sharks... to later splash and play on a light padded foam laid to float on the open ocean safely close to the boat. The breakfast was very nice, lunch was great as well, open beer bar for adults, water and juice for our little ones! Good music and got very lucky to have a great group of travelers along on the catamaran.
Awesome captain and crew. Very small group on this trip. They made my grandson feel very special. I would recommend this trip to anyone wanting a sailing,kayaking and snorkeling trip.
Great day on the water. I was fascinated to learn of the boats history. The staff was kind and knowledgeable. I have already recommended you to several friends.
Excellent tour, great value for the money. Loved that they restrict trips to small groups just 8 of us. Super attentive staff on board who cater to your every need and truly want to ensure you have a good time. Too bad we couldn't raise the sails that day. But the snorkeling and kayaking and water play and sight-seeing were superb! A big shout-out to the on board crew of the Appledorf -- Jason, Jess and Jess -- y'all rock.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (855) 274-1023 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-3800P12
Similar Tours & Activities