Key West Safari Snorkel Adventure
Explore Key West in a fun and unique way! Avoid the crowds on this exciting snorkel safari adventure and captain your own speedboat through 28 miles of Florida backcountry. Enjoy a smooth, scenic ride as you follow your local guide to a national marine sanctuary, where you’ll get a chance to snorkel and swim in pristine waters.
Please Note This Tour Is For 2 People
Join us for a 2.5hr back country journey to some of Key West's hidden waters as you jump in your very own 2 person boat and journey into Key West's treasured back country. Captain your own boat through the mangrove islands and experience Key West the way locals do. This trip is Key West's best kept secret.
You will follow our experience guide and explore the local marine life on your way to some of Key West's most secluded sandbars that are only accessible by boat. On your way to these tropical locations keep your eyes peeled as you may see a wide variety of our local marine life such as sea turtles, dolphins, sea birds of a wide variety and many many more.
Once we reach one of our sandbar destinations we will put on some snorkels and swim among-st the aquatic life in the mangroves. Join Sunset Watersports on this unique watersport adventure.
• Sunset Water Sports, 201 William St, Key West, FL 33040-6679
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 5001 5th Ave, Key West, FL 33040, USA
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 2.5-hour snorkel safari tour
- Local guide
- Use of all snorkel equipment
- 7.5% Florida state sales tax
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please check in for the trip 30 minutes prior to departure time
- There is a maximum of 2 adults per boat, or 2 adults and 1 child less than 70 lbs (approx. 32 kg)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- All food and drinks will be served by our team members, who will be taking extra precautions to ensure safe prep as well as serving.
Average 3.56 out of 5 stars based on 9 verified reviews from Cool Key West and TripAdvisor
We had the first tour of the day and we were the only ones booked . We had Chris as our tour guide and he was awesome! The both were great and we headed straight out to open water and sped around for a little bit . He went into the man groves which were absolutely beautiful and beached the boats on a small beach where we were able to snorkel . Chris pointed out the best places for snorkeling and showed us where there was a shipwreck that we could check out as well . after a bit we headed out to a sandbar where we anchored the boats and walked around and got to see Rays and sea cucumbers. We headed back out to play with the boats for a little bit , visited an area where we got to see some amazing homes including the house from Real world Key West before heading back in . Chris was an awesome guide he made us feel safe and comfortable and we had a blast with him !
Nate and Blake made this trip soo much fun!!! They are wonderful!!!
Boat ride was great fun!
Simply awesome as to boating. Full throttle as to fun.
Boat ride was fun and guides were professional but the snorkeling site was a sand bank. Hello?
Trip was fun. Not what I expected. Got to drive your own little boat with a passenger. It was about an hr drive out and we got to snorkel for about an hr. Didn't get to see much due to the water levels. Still had fun.
Our tour guide, Blake, was awesome! However, I booked this online and it wasn't as advertised... not even a little. For starters, it doesn't leave from hurricane hole marina and we had a REALLY hard time finding it. It was advertised as Swim and snorkel in crystal clear waters with more than 600 species of colorful fish, coral and other sea life. The listing talked a lot about reefs, etc. The mini boats were definitely really cool. We went out back country, which was stunning. But we didn't go to a reef, we went to a sand bar in the middle of nowhere and snorkeled mangrove forest, not reef. It was still really cool in it's own right, and definitely worth the trip, but I couldn't help but leave feeling disappointed. The listing had me pretty psyched up about the worlds third largest barrier reef and all the turtles and parrot fish I'd see. Instead it was barracuda and mangrove snapper. Still a cool trip, but tripadvisor/Cool Key West false advertised and mislead me.
Safari snorkel tour....ha. Never happened !! Went for a boat ride with provided snorkel gear in hand. Was told the water was a bit low, we could walk a quarter mile to a spot where the current might be too strong and unsafe. The only reason we give 2 stars instead of 1 star, is because the guides were professional and the boat ride was enjoyable
Unfortunately, the day we went was a bit too rough for snorkeling but they didn't really tell us when we were checking in. The boats are fun, but their briefing is fast especially if you are new to boating.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (855) 274-1023 to speak with a Destination Specialist
Product code: COOL-2642SAFARI